Friday, June 1, 2012

Get Ready to ... FOXJUICE.

I have often talked about how freakin awesome all my awesome, hilarious, smart, feminist friends are, and  here's an update/brag/shamless plug:

WELCOME TO FOXJUICE.

From our mission statement:

Foxjuice is a mostly-female collective of Philadelphia-based writers, interested in honest discussion of feminism, sex, gender expectations, media, and quality cheese and beer pairings. We throw down on the dance floor for Jolene and have choreographed routines toIndependent Woman. Every night is ladies night in our world.
We hang feminist mantras on our fridges, are continually amazed by the punk rock powers of the female body, and will talk to you for hours about The Business of Being Born. (We are also willing to discuss, at length, the dinner scene in Mrs. Doubtfire – that situation was totally preventable and gives us all a great deal of anxiety.) We wear the pants (and the skirts, and the rompers, and the occasional overalls) and aren’t afraid to ask out whoever we damn well please. Because we wait for nothing and believe in our own agency. We tried to burn our bras once but the fumes were pretty terrible.  
I am SUPER excited about this. I am continuing this blog on my own but I love the idea of doing something collective. Our original idea of Foxjuice was to parody the dumbness of ladymags, and I think there will be a lot of that once we get up and running, and right now there's a lot of talks of where we're going and what we're going to do and guys, it's going to be great. My friends are so smart and cool and I love that we're all going to be feminist blogging together. So get on over to tumblr and follow that shizz, it's going to be cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment