Sunday, January 29, 2012

Behind the Scenes of Girls

Tiny Furniture was possibly one of the scariest movies I have ever seen because I am afraid of the/my future and it just made me very anxious. That being said, I really liked it and it had a lot of truth to it, and it was pretty funny. A lot of my friends have said the same.

SO Lena Dunham has teamed up with Judd Apatow and has made this show called Girls for HBO which is set to premiere in April. I am kind of anticipating some class issues--it's a show about three white girls in their early 20s living in New York City kind of struggling socially/emotionally/economically, so to say that this is a departure from existing television (it kind of is), is pretty sad. We have a ways to go to have some diverse and representative television. However, I have a lot of faith in Lena Dunham, and I know that I'll probably relate to it and like it because I'm white and in my early twenties and educated and kind of self-absorbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment