Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Feminist Kitchen: Toast Sandwich: For Those Who Are Too Poor for PB&J

During finals, I often find myself eating really strange foods, mostly because I can't bring myself to make something real, and I hate going to the grocery store. So in honor of this point in my semester, this issue of Feminist Kitchen is about the cheapest meal possible (according to the Royal Society of Chemistry): THE TOAST SANDWICH

So you may be thinking to yourself... "What? This is absurd." If you are thinking this, I am guessing you are a.) out of college, or b.) still in high school and still have parents making food for you. Well, let me tell you, during college, sometimes you are just too tired to make rice and beans. It's even conceivable that you might be able to get butter and salt and pepper packets from your dining hall or some kind of public restaurant thing, so all you have to pay for is the bread. Think about it.

Here you go:

Ingredients:
-3 pieces of bread
-Butter
-salt
-pepper

Toast a piece of bread. Butter the two remaining slices, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Take out your toast and put it between the buttered bread. THERE YOU GO! SANDWICH! If you're the kind of person who gets excited about bread/carbohydrates, you'll probably like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment