Sunday, October 2, 2011

Link City

I had a super crazy-busy week, ergo, no time to actually write anything for this, but these are some things that I read this week.

PETA is a disturbing organization, which I have written about before. I am a vegetarian and rarely eat animale products anymore, but I still will never like PETA. More reasons why they suck here.

Anita Sarkeesian takes a look at fall TV premieres, I am grateful because I had a really busy week and didn't get to watch many of them (actually... I only watched New Girl, not impressive) and now I feel like I don't have to watch some stuff that looks royally bad.

Check out Where's Your Line, a great new website on ending sexual violence.

I've finally started watching Mad Men and so the quotes from John Hamm talking about rape awareness and supporting children make him all the more dreamy.

In case you didn't want to watch Lisa Wade's 40 minute talk on hook up culture, MTV has made it into a nice, short 3 minute, animated short.

This is a fashion trend I see around campus DAILY (often in belly shirts, another trend I hate) and it drives me nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment