Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bookgasm Excitement


An excerpt from Mindy Kaling's upcoming book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? read by Mindy Kaling.
RHA3341 BestFriendRights clip by Creative@

I am obscenely excited for this book for a number of reasons. I will enumerate:

1.) I love a good book where I can sit down for a couple hours, turn off my phone, ignore all my responsibilities, and read it cover to cover and giggle to myself in an incredibly geeky way. Bossypants was like this, all the books in the Georgia Nicholson series were like this, this is something I get a lot of enjoyment out of. It is like watching a particularly enjoyable movie by yourself, but even more intimate because it's with a book and that just feels a little more intellectual.

2.) I follow Mindy Kaling on twitter and I have a big ole friend-crush on her. This is the type of celebrity obsession in which I convince myself that if the circumstances were right, I could totally be best friends with this person. I feel this way about Taylor Swift and Emma Stone as well.

3.) Mindy Kaling is one of my favorite people involved in media-production. Not only is she a hilarious actress, but she's a hilarious-genius writer, and I value that. She recently wrote a screenplay for a movie that I think is being made now, and I am also obscenely excited for this. I just love women with strong voices in Hollywood and I love it when they are successful and impress upon the the world their awesomeness.

4.) I read the excerpt from her book and it sounds the way she talks. This is exciting because I know when I read this I will be imagining her voice in my head, so it will be like Mindy is in my living room, reading the book to me. Since we're best friends.

Since if you are sane you're probably excited about this too, you can pre-order the book now! It comes out on November 1st.

1 comment:

  1. dawwwww that was terrific! i'm so excited for the book!

    ReplyDelete