Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dear (Some) Men,

Dear (Some) Men,

Please explain this to me.

When was it exactly that you were taught to yell at women from cars?

Was that what happened when they pulled you aside during health class in middle school and us ladies watched the menstruation cartoon?

Was this part of Driver's Ed that I have forgotten?

Does yelling "SLUTS!" at me and my friends when we, who happened to be dressed conservatively not just for a club but for life in general, walk home from Silk City make you feel good? What exactly about the following exchange I was just a party to while waiting for your gas-guzzling, environment-destroyer to chug through the intersection at a stop light is so compelling to express?

White college student #1: Yeah, stop.
White college student #2: Bitch.

Because I just don't get it.

Sincerely,

Liz

1 comment:

  1. Dear Man in Truck,
    Why did you yell at me while I was driving my car next to yours? Don't you see that that is not only rude but also dangerous? We were traveling at high speeds. Stop being stupid.
    Thanks,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete