Thursday, July 28, 2011

Today in Boob News

When I was a sophomore in high school, my friend Emma and I were the only female members of the Kung Fu Movie Watching Club. (That's right... that club existed at my high school.) Mostly we had an awesome time because we'd watch these really sweet kung fu movies, but one time the dudes chose some anime movie that we could not take seriously... I honestly do not remember what it was called and the fact that it was set in space but also Earth (sometimes?) and featured a prominent female character with a tiny, tiny shirt and ginormous, reality-defying boobs probably won't narrow it down for anyone who actually knows anything about anime. Anyway, the boobs were fixating for us because we are 1.) ladies who have boobs and 2) humans who know that the anime-woman in this movie was actually impossible.

I don't really get Tumblr, but I really wish Boobs Don't Work That Way had existed back then. Unsurprisingly, there are a lot of references to anime on this blog, because as far as I can tell, the Japanese are not incredibly interested in the actual physics of boobs. And, you know, dudes in general. Here's an interview with the BDWTW creator. All I can say is, thank you, Toni, for demanding people at least acknowledge the ridiculousness of cartoon breasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment