Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cry Cry Cry

Okay, don't really pay attention to the title... I'm just being dramatic because it's finals and I have a lot of essays to write and I don't want to write any of them right now! This was a really hard semester! I took 6 classes and they all ended up being fairly reading and writing intensive... anyway, these are the books that I have read this semester (or at least read most of) specifically related to gender and sexuality. NO WONDER SHE IS CRAZY, you must be thinking, and you are right.

I think if you click on the picture it will get bigger, but for your convenience, this is what my crazy head has read this semester, from top to bottom:

The Second Shift by Arlie Russell Hochschild with Anne Machung
Zami: A New Spelling of My Name by Audre Lorde
Cures by Martin Duberman
Republican Women: Feminism and Conservativism from Suffrage through the Rise of the New Right by Catherine E. Rymph
Big Girls Don't Cry by Rebecca Traister
Madam President: Shattering the Last Glass Ceiling by Eleanor Clift and Tom Brazaitis
Cracking the Highest Glass Ceiling: A Global Comparison of Women's Campaigns for Executive Office edited by Rainbow Murray
You've Come a Long Way, Maybe: Sarah, Michelle, Hillary and the Shaping of the New American Woman by Leslie Sanchez
Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation edited by Kate Bornstein and S. Bear Bergman
Gender Outlaw by Kate Bornstein
The Essential Feminist Reader edited by Estelle B. Freedman
Droppin Science: Critical Essays on Rap and Hip Hop Culture edited by William Eric Perkins
Sex at the Margins by Laura María Agustín
Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg
Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
Before Night Falls by Reinaldo Arenas
Native Men Remade by Ty P. Kawika Tengan
From Black Power to Hip Hop: Racism, Nationalism, and Feminism by Patricia Hill Collins
Laughter Out of Place: Race, Class, Violence and Sexuality in a Rio Shantytown by Donna M. Goldstein
The Gender Sexuality Reader edited by Roger N. Lancaster & Michaela di Leonardo
Female Masculinity by Judith Halberstam
The Changing Room: Sex, Drag and Theater by Lawrence Senelick
*Not pictured because I forgot and it was sitting in a weird place, Borrowed Time: An AIDS Memoir by Paul Monette

Alright, I have to go read some more and write another essay due tomorrow. Hence the "cry cry cry."

Also, to give you some perspective, this stack of books (*which are just the books I read relating to gender!) goes up to my KNEE! And I am taller than the average American woman.


Also this is to announce that other than Feminist Rapper Friday, which is already scheduled, I won't be posting until I'm done with my finals (probably).

HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR GOOD SUMMER READING? Comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment