Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Y Que!/ So what!

Here are two PSAs from Ecuador about el machismo (male chauvinism). I think they're great and would be progressive and relevant in nearly any country.

Transcript (in English)
Guy 1: I wash, iron, and cook. So what?
Guy 2: I'm faithful. So what?
Guy 3: My spouse earns more than I do. So what?
Guy 4: I don't drink. So what?
Guy 5: I'm caring! So what!?
Guy 6: Sometimes I cry. So what?
Guy 7: I'm affectionate with my children. So what?
Guy 8: I'm not a male chauvinist. So what?
Narrator: Ecuador Reacts: Male chauvinism is violence.



Transcript (in English)
Woman 1: I manage a company. And?
Woman 2: I earn more than my husband. And?
Woman 3: I don't want to get married. So what?
Woman 4: I am strong. And?
Woman 5: I don't want to be a housewife. So what?
Woman 6: I can be and do what I want. And?
Woman 7: I'm not a male chauvinist. So what?
Narrator: Ecuador Reacts: Male chauvinism is violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment