Sunday, October 24, 2010

Vid to watch


Now this is a teen band I'd like to see more of. Care Bears on Fire, 3 teenage girls from New York, are an all-female punk-rock band, which despite their age, are pretty legit. I love their sassy video to "Barbie Eat a Sandwich" and kind of wish I was a teenager again so I could listen to these girls... Just kidding, age of musicians has never stopped me before, I'm even a huge fan of 9 year old Willow Smith's debut single "Whip My Hair" (it's awesome.)

Anyway, I've been listening to a lot of Riot Grrrl music this weekend, and I'm glad that I stumbled upon their video (it came out in 2009, the band has been together since 2005). As the Riot Grrl movement sort of died with the 90's, it's nice to see there are some (really) young girls rocking out and making sweet, feminist music.

No comments:

Post a Comment