Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Better Late Than Never, Right?

I loved Veronica right off the bat. She was so strong and I think it is so important because there are so few shows that portray women, especially young women, as being strong and being able to stand up for themselves.
-Kirsten Bell



I've been hearing good things about Veronica Mars for the past couple years, and unfortunately, not listened to them.

HOWEVER, the magic that is Netflix Instantwatch has helped show me the light, and I must say, I am a huge Veronica Mars fan now. In the few days I had at home before I came to Ecuador (there is no Netflix Instantwatch outside of the US) I sped through 2 and a half seasons. Unhealthy? Maybe. Awesome? Yes.

And due to the magic that is Ecuadorian bootlegs, I know own season 1! Hooray!

The show is not without its problems, and there are plenty of articles online discussing the show's sometimes problematic portrayal of rape and the hot mess-ness of season 3. Season 1 and 2, are, for the most part, aaaaa-mazing. The show's writing is just really fabulous. It's as funny as it is dramatic, and the dialogue is just really great.


I like Kirsten Bell a lot. Even though she's blonde and small, she's spunky and interesting. While I wish there were more seasons of Veronica Mars, I do enjoy the ones that exist, and I look forward to upcoming Kirsten Bell projects. (Burlesque!)


When I see something unjust, I have to intervene - it's hard for me to watch the underdog suffer.
-Kirsten Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment